Wednesday 12 March 2014

Appearances Are Deceptive…..A Hypocrisy!



Meeting people for the first time we always tend on making a judgment based on their appearances. Appearances are really deceptive, The shimmering surface of a lake glowing in the evening sun, may inspire and be liked by us with its beauty. But hidden beneath its surface may be lying an ugly blanket of toxic waste. On the other hand, spilled waste of a tanker in the middle of an ocean can hide beneath it a beautiful life.
My focus is just simple that we judge people only by their appearances. Regardless what are they really in their lives.We tend to pretend more to show up people that how much we are accurate. If we take Hijab we are more pious?  Or if we offer prayers five times we fulfill the criteria of being a perfect Muslims.? Sadly we use Islam as a concubine as well.
What made me write this this short article was my personal experience. And I was badly hurt and felt deep inside that in our society only appearance matters but not FAITH. How sad & ironical as well.
Once I posted a good write up by some known writer about Hijab. It impressed me and I posted it on my FACEBOOK. One of my very good friends commented on it that it’s a hypocrisy that if I dont take Hijab then I have no right to show up the good points about it. I was surprised. Why not? And they said that it’s a hypocrisy. You should look like it first and then comment like that. What did that mean. ? Am I not a Muslim? And if I don’t take Hijab or Abbya I cant write anything on such issues? Comments were there at my wall about it but I was quite surprised and shocked at people’s outcome.
For me my faith matters no way I have any right to say or blame on others about they do or what they do not. If a woman takes Hijab.Its their decision. I appreciate such women and regard them but CANT write about it because I don’t take or cover my head? This is the only point came into my mind. Some people even judge someone to be intellectually inferior to themselves simply because they share another opinion. I do not agree with such thoughts, things are not always what they appear to be. The drunk sleeping on the sidewalk across the street may be an exhausted construction worker taking a afternoon nap. The stupid student may be a bright, but poor child that is too caught up with problems at home to focus on the words of his teacher. And the person that just stares and smiles at me when I ask him for directions may be a foreigner that doesn't understand the language and culture.
But I disagree, some individuals are gifted and talented with deception, charm and charisma. They hide behind a mask, they might seem as the nicest person in the world, but they can also be the most dangerous people to encounter. (our Islamic clergymen /  Our politicians are the perfect example who lead us to believe that they are working for the people they represent.  On closer scrutiny we find that their main motivation is to praise themselves.)
I have seen many religious people who offers five times but they don’t know what is humanity. I have seen many such women unfortunately who take Hijab/Abaya, but they are doing what are expected to be done by those generally who don’t take them. Isn't HYPOCRISY?
And I have also observed many who are not that religious but living a balance life. Women who look modern but they know their limits. So what’s the CRITERIA basically.
 Why Perception and Reality Don't Always Match Up?
ONLY have faith in your belief  with your positive thinkings….
Because------------->
A Bad weather always looks worse through a window. …Isn’t ?
Anonymous

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do what you feel right, the thing matters is that you should never intend to harm anyone. That's the only thing needed being a human being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly correct Iftikhar....we can't be a good Muslims first unless we are a good humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regardless of religion, humanity is the bond between humans and also between humans and nature.

      Delete
  4. Beautifully elaborated and with such thought provoking examples of appearances that can be misread. Unfortunately that's the way most of function even though we may not be aware if it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right Sohaib...sometimes we are unaware of what we are doing....

    ReplyDelete
  6. یہ ہماری سوسائٹی کا ایک تاریک پہلو ہے۔۔۔ ایمان و عمل مشروط ضرور ہے لیکن کسی ایمان چانچنے کا اختیار کسی دوسرے کے پاس نہیں۔۔۔۔۔میں نے دیکھے ہیں احرام میں لپٹے ہوئے ابلیس۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

    ReplyDelete